We are delighted to announce that the International Association of Hospice and Palliative Care will provide ten (10) IAHPC Scholarships to support the travel of palliative care workers to attend the 3rd ICPCN Conference to be held in Durban from 30 May – 2 June 2018.
Deadline to apply is 31 January, 2018 and results will be announced early in March 2018.
Applicants from all disciplines are welcome. In order to apply for a traveling scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Have not received grants from IAHPC in the past 3 years
- Be current IAHPC members. If you wish to apply and are not an IAHPC member, you may join by clicking here.
Preference will be given to applicants who:
- have been IAHPC active members for two or more consecutive years.
- work for an institution that is an IAHPC active member. See institutional members here.
- are living in Lower, Lower-Middle and Upper-Middle income categories as per the World Bank income classification data. See here.
- are dedicated full-time to palliative care in their current work.
- graduated less than 10 years ago from university.
- have an accepted abstract for poster / oral presentation. Proof of acceptance is required.
- describe in their applications long term goals which lead to improvements in any or all of the following areas: service provision; education; availability of and access to medicines; and public policy.
This program offers funding for travel and registration only, applicants will need to secure funding from other sources to cover additional expenses.
More detailed information about the application process and the online application form are available at the IAHPC website here.
If you need information on how to apply please contact Genevieve Napier, IAHPC Manager of Programs and Projects at firstname.lastname@example.org