The CSC will pay the student’s full Cardiff University course fees. Teaching will take place in Bangalore, India, in October and November 2015, hosted by their educational partners, the Bangalore Hospice Trust.
The scholarships are most suitable for those who have previously undertaken education in palliative care, are working with large numbers of patients with palliative care needs, are working within a palliative care service or are interested in setting up new palliative care services.
The deadline for applications 15 May, 2015.
How to apply
Students must complete TWO electronic applications – one to Cardiff University and one to the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission.
Applications cannot be considered unless they fulfill all criteria listed and include two references containing the specific information required by Cardiff University – see below for details.
Here you can choose to:
- find out more about the course
- look at the 2015 prospectus for distance learning scholarships; and
- access the Electronic Application System (EAS) and guides on how to use this – all applications must be completed electronically though the EAS.
You must apply for the Diploma in Palliative Medicine or Care (NOT the MSC). Direct entry to the MSC stage is not available.
An application will only be considered when the following criteria have been met:
- evidence of medical degree of equivalent – verified by Cardiff University
- proof of registration with the Medical Council of India
- a valid IETLS or equivalent to meet the English requirements of Cardiff University
- Two appropriate references which must include comments on the applicant’s use of English in their employment, with specific examples of activities and contexts in which the applicant uses English. Examples must cover applicant’s use of English in the following skill areas: reading, writing, speaking and listening. References must be on the official Employer’s English Language Reference Form.
Please ensure that your name appears the same of both applications.
If you have any questions or would like to know more about the course after visiting the course website, please contact the Course Team on email: DipPallMed@cardiff.ac.uk or by telephone: 0044 2920 196111.