What happens to your online accounts and digital assets when you die?
What will your online legacy be?
How does the digital age affect experiences of mourning and grief?
Marie Curie and Good Life, Good Death, Good Grief, are holding an event in June to explore these questions and hear from expert speakers about their work with digital lives, deaths and afterlives.
The event will discuss practical elements such as planning, social media, online accounts and memorialisation, and online mourning and grieving, including ethical considerations that go along with it.
- Dante or Die (theatre company)
- James Norris, Digital Legacy Association
- Wendy Moncur, Dundee University
- Jessica Dornan Lynas, Afterbook
- Korina Giaxoglou, The Open University
- Elaine Kasket, Psychologist and author of All the Ghosts in the Machine: Illusions of Immortality in the Digital Age
It takes place at Scottish Storytelling Centre, 43-45 High Street, Edinburgh EH1 1SR