Bookings are now open for Scotland’s premiere event for anyone involved in the care and support of people reaching the end of life.
Wednesday 18th September 2019, Royal College of Physicians Edinburgh
The quest to enable people to live well with serious illness and to die as they would wish is being reshaped by social, demographic and financial change. This conference will engage delegates in considering these changes and explore ways in which as organisations and individuals we might respond.
Topics at the conference will include:
- Understanding and thinking strategically about the coming decade of disruptive change in palliative and end of life care
- Using design-thinking and prototyping to innovate and improve care
- Realistic Medicine and palliative care – interactive case-based discussion
- Assessing and meeting the needs of carers
- Supporting staff wellbeing through organisational change and self-care
- Rapid-fire showcasing of innovations from across Scotland
Featuring a mix of high quality speakers, extensive poster display, Arts Space and delegate interaction the event will provide delegates with:
- an opportunity for learning relevant to practice and workplace
- a chance to network, to share information and good practice
- challenging perspectives and energising inspiration
99% of respondents to the evaluation of last year’s conference said the content was relevant to their work and 96% said they were likely to discuss with colleagues or follow up something they heard at the conference.
“This was the first time I had attended the conference and I was very impressed by the breadth of content and the quality of the speakers.”
– Feedback from a delegate to 2018 conference
“an uplifting, thought provoking and wonderful day. The speakers were all excellent and the quality was incredibly high. “
– Feedback from a delegate to 2017 conference
For information and to book a place, click here: Bookings and prices
View the call for posters here: Call for Posters