The 10-year edition of the report highlights key accomplishments and advancements in palliative care across Africa through APCA’s activities over the year.
“Today, APCA remains true to its founding vision and mission ten years ago: to increase access to palliative care for all in Africa,” noted APCA’s executive director, Dr Emmanuel Luyirika.
To illustrate the report’s theme “Celebrating 10 years”, a collage of patients frames each section of the report, which covers:
- Raising awareness of palliative care
- Integrating palliative care into existing health systems
- Building evidence for palliative care in Africa
- Promoting sustainability for palliative care.
Key features included in the report include:
- 10 years of palliative care in Africa: interview with APCA’s founding executive director, Dr Faith Mwangi-Powell, and APCA’s programmes director, Fatia Kiyange.
- Pan-African advocacy strategy and media engagement highlights.
- Updates on policies and guidelines, education and training, medicines availability, and service delivery.
- Overview of the African Palliative Care Research Network’s initiatives.
- APCA digital resource centre publications, freely available for download from the APCA website.
Leave a Reply