The information in the monographs is intended to help women living with Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) as well as cancer of the cervix, their families and others in the community who support them.
The document provides a good start towards understanding the role of palliative care for women living with HIV (WLHIV) and cervical cancer, their families and caregivers and health professionals.
· The monographs cover the following topics, among others:
- Palliative care for positive living
- Palliative care for cervical cancer
- What can I do if I have HIV?
- What can palliative care do for women with HIV?
- Prevention of cancer of the cervix
- HIV case studies with recommendations
- Cervical cancer case studies
- Important points to remember about pre-cancer and cancer of the cervix.
The monographs are available in English and Portuguese and can be accessed through the Resource Centre of the APCA website.