The Canadian Hospice Palliative Care Association is scheduled to host its second biennial Learning Institute. The CHPCA’s Learning Institute brings together health care professionals from across the country for an intense learning weekend. The program is directed towards intermediate and advance learning levels and is facilitated by the best faculty in Canada along with recognized international leaders to make up a most sophisticated caliber of educators and mentors.
The Canadian Hospice Palliative Care Learning Institute concentrates on five intermediate and advanced learning streams:
- Stream 1 – Communications Skills – Advocacy, Social Media and Advance Care Planning
- Stream 2 – Organizational Development and Leadership
- Stream 3 – Inter-professional Education and Practice – Presented by Pallium Canada
- Stream 4 – Clinical Practice: Palliative care and chronic disease
- Stream 5 – Clinical Practice – How do we improve our care: Spirituality, Dignity Therapy and Quality Improvement
The Learning Institute will take place June 6-8 2014 in Banff, Alberta, at the Banff Centre. It will provide the best and brightest in the Hospice Palliative Care field and other allied healthcare professionals with the opportunity to advance their skills and share their expertise. Over 30 intimate and intensive workshops and satellite meetings will be attended by doctors, nurses, pharmacists, researchers, caregivers, volunteers and social workers.
To register, please visit our website.