About the Organization: Located in Edmonton, Covenant Health launched the Palliative Institute in October 2012, envisioning a future where every Albertan can make informed choices about their palliative and end-of-life care and where caregivers have the knowledge, expertise and resources to support them. It is the Institute’s role to serve as a knowledge broker and problem solver for patients and families, clinicians, policy makers, caregivers and researchers; and to lead informed public conversation about palliative and end-of-life issues. In response to a news release and grants, we are searching for a knowledgeable and talented Project Manager and Communication Advisor.
Position Summary: Reporting to the Director of the Palliative Institute, the Project Manager provides leadership in the planning, implementation, evaluation and reporting of assigned Palliative Institute projects. The Project Manager will provide budget oversite, regular external reporting, staffing, evaluation, and maintain excellent relationships with a wide range of stakeholders. Works with the Scientific Director to develop project charters, proposals and protocols. The position is accountable for contributing to strategy development and execution planning. The Project Manager supervises various team members including Project Coordinators and Program Assistants with responsibilities for hiring, monitoring performance and providing feedback. This position ensures there is a coordinated approach to project management within the Palliative Institute to ensure it fulfills its responsibilities and achieves its goals and objectives while demonstrating the mission, vision and values of Covenant Health.
- Baccalaureate degree in related field such as business, quality management, or health
- 3 years’ experience in project management, experience in project management methodology, tools and techniques
- 3 years experience in a supervisory / management role
- Able to develop teams through hiring, mentoring and coaching
- Thorough understanding of project and program management techniques and methods
- Outstanding leadership and organizational skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem solving ability
- Able to perform within critical time frames working under tight or imposed deadlines
- Stakeholder engagement, relationship building and communication are key to success. Requires proven stakeholder management skills
- Proven ability to be creative, challenge and demonstrate initiative to generate improvements and foster positive outcomes
- Experience with team management with ability to function effectively in team situations both internally and externally to achieve the program’s goals
- Ability to demonstrate respect, dignity and integrity in interpersonal relationships and to demonstrate positive personal coping and wellness strategies
- Ability to adapt and respond to the changing environment and to constructively create opportunities for change through active participation
- Capable of functioning in an environment of complexity and change
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software including Visio and Excel
All interested candidates should apply from https://careers.covenanthealth.ca/jobs/project-manager-176433
Position Summary: Reporting to the Director, Palliative Care Institute, the Communications Advisor is an integral member of the Institute, providing leadership in communications and digital communications to engage public and stakeholders as part of the Institute’s communications and social marketing efforts. Using strategic thinking, creativity, consultation and teamwork, the Communications Advisor advances the strategic direction for projects and grants for the Institute in alignment with Covenant Health mission and values.
The Advisor provides advice, project management, planning and implementation of traditional and digital communications strategies and tactics to support grant activities. The role involves effective use of digital platforms and other communications assets and tactics to effectively engage internal and external stakeholders. A primary audience is the public and the Advisor will develop and share public content from various inputs such as research papers, policy and government. The Communications Advisor aligns with best practices and needs using communication tools such as print, social media and digital communications.
- Post-secondary degree in journalism, arts, social sciences, public relations, communications or marketing required
- A combination of relevant education and work experience will be considered.
- Three to five years’ experience planning, implementing and evaluating communication, marketing and engagement plans, including use of digital and social media tools or tactics
- Understanding and experience with web and social media content management
- Experience with basic monitoring, assessment and measurement of social media and media activity
- Experience with public engagement processes and strategy, and an understanding of the theory, best practices and application of public engagement and data analysis and reporting
- Sound critical thinking skills
- Facilitation skills and the ability to work successfully in a team based setting
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and change in a dynamic work environment
- Excellent oral communications and superior writing skills
- Superior interpersonal communication skills
- Computer proficiency in a Windows environment using MS Office Suite
- Familiarity and proficiency in working with electronic communications vehicles
- Experience in engaging with the public, community groups and organizations
- Able to discuss and converse about palliative and end of life forums
All interested candidates should contact email@example.com for further information.