Director Division of Palliative Care
Department of Family Medicine
Vision: To humanize living and dying
McMaster University’s Department of Family Medicine, Division of Palliative Care is seeking an experienced innovative Director to lead a committed and creative academic Division.
The Division delivers a comprehensive range of academic programs including undergraduate and post-graduate medicine, fellowship, and continuing professional development. It initiates and participates in research at multiple levels and builds partnerships to create and foster academic scholarship, social justice, community engagement, and clinical excellence.
The Division Director holds a key leadership position within the Department. Reporting to the Chair of Family Medicine, the Division Director is responsible for leading the development of a recognized program of scholarship and research in palliative care to meet the needs of the university, healthcare, and the broader community. This includes:
- Representing academic palliative care at the Department, University, and Regional levels
- Working with the Research Lead to support and foster research interests of the Division
- Supporting the development, review, implementation and maintenance of effective educational activities at all levels of instruction from undergraduate through fellowship.
- Fostering health care system transformation to build compassionate, just, caring communities.
- CCFP or RCPSC certification and a license/eligibility for a license to practice medicine in Ontario.
- Competency, training/certification, and experience in palliative medicine.
- McMaster faculty appointment or eligibility for appointment. Academic rank will be commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Expected start date is on or before July 2015, however, applications will continue to be accepted until the position is filled. For a more detailed description, please visit our website.
Expressions of interest, along with curriculum vitae, can be forwarded to:
Dr. David Price
Professor and Chair, Department of Family Medicine
Faculty of Health Sciences
175 Longwood Road South, Suite 201A
Hamilton, ON L8P 0A1