Do you have a passion for hospice palliative care and experience providing strategic leadership in a not-for-profit organization? Red Deer Hospice provides quality end-of-life care services to individuals and families throughout Central Alberta. We are seeking an Executive Director who will successfully lead our team and oversee our programs and services to meet the needs of the community, clients and stakeholders. The Executive Director is responsible for the operations of the Hospice, fostering a culture that supports the values and philosophy of hospice care and ensures the accountability of programs, staff and volunteers. We are looking for a leader who can engage with local health care providers and business partners and develop meaningful relationships to support our position as a leader in quality hospice palliative care services.
Skills and Qualifications include:
- Post secondary degree or equivalent in administration, not-for-profit sector management, volunteer development or social sciences
- At least three to five years experience in the not-for-profit sector or a related work place or business environment
- Managerial and financial management experience
- Excellent communication and public relation skills
- Experience working in a board- operated environment would be considered an asset
Must have a valid driver’s license.
We offer a professional working environment and an opportunity to grow within a well-respected community organization.
Competition closes 4 PM Friday, May 16, 2014.
Only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Please submit resume to
Red Deer Hospice Society
ATTN: Bryan Wilson, Chair, Nominating and Personnel Committee
99 Arnot Avenue
Red Deer, AB T4R 3S6