The landscape of home and community care has been viewed through a much different lens in the last year, with the impacts of COVID-19 showing us vulnerable regions and which areas need more focus. Health care professionals have seen an increase in inequality and how social determinates affect health care. With that, Spark Conferences has organized a conference that will examine resources that allow home and community care to thrive.
On June 9th, 2021, at the Community Care Conference, there will be discussions on new ways in which communities take care of each other, how we keep acute care in hospitals, and what support is needed and necessary for those changes to be sustainable.
What is the need for this type of conference at this point in time?
The Ontario Government held an annual Community Care conference for up to 1,000 people in June of each year up until 2018. The Community Care Conference is hoping to continue the conversation in this space and broaden the scope of the event to include other provinces in Canada. The pandemic has made virtual events more popular than ever and gave us an opportunity to connect the audience to share their knowledge and network with peers from different organizations.
Interested in Joining? Here’s What to Expect
There will be live discussions on new ways in which communities take care of each other, how we keep acute care in hospitals, and what support is needed and necessary for those changes to be sustainable. The program includes Q&A sessions with our speakers, interactive workshops, and networking opportunities. This is a great opportunity to facilitate important connections and expand your knowledge base.
Check out the full agenda featuring sessions on:
- The Pivotal Role of Community Service Organizations During a Pandemic
- Partnerships with Community Organizations – A Better Tent City
- Community Paramedics and Palliative Care
- Community Paramedicine Implementation
- Reaching Towards Change: Building an Alternative Community Response Service in Toronto
- RAAM Clinics and their Role in Communities
- Navigating MAiD in Canada
- Better Collaborations with Caregivers
- Nurse Practitioner-Led Clinics
- Visibility in Transgender Care
For more information, visit https://sparkconferences.com/care/