The International Association for Hospice and Palliative Care (IAHPC) is pleased to announce it will provide Traveling Scholarships to support the travel of palliative care workers to attend the following educational events:
- 5 (five) scholarships for the 6th International African Palliative Care Association (APCA) Conference in Kigali, Rwanda on September 17-20, 2019. Deadline to apply is May 10, 2019. Results will be announced early June. To find APCA conference abstract submission details, click here, and
- 8 (eight) scholarships for the Oceanic Palliative Care Conference (OPCC) in Perth, Australia on September 10-13, 2019. Deadline to apply is May 10, 2019. Results will be announced early June. To find OPCC abstract submission details click here.
Applicants from all disciplines are welcome. In order to apply for a traveling scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be current IAHPC members. If you wish to apply and are not an IAHPC member, you may join by clicking here.
- Be current members at the time of the conference, workshop, congress or event.
Preference will be given to applicants who:
- Have not received grants from IAHPC in the past 3 years.
- Have been IAHPC active members for two or more consecutive years.
- Whose institution is an IAHPC active member. To see institutional members click here.
- Are living in Lower, Lower-Middle and Upper-Middle income categories as per the World Bank income classification data. To see click here.
- Are dedicated full-time to palliative care in their current work.
- Graduated less than 10 years ago from university.
- Have an accepted abstract for poster / oral presentation. Proof of acceptance is required.
- Describe in their applications long term goals which lead to improvements in any or all of the following areas: service provision; education; availability of and access to medicines; and public policy.
This program offers funding for travel and registration only, applicants will need to secure funding from other sources to cover additional expenses.
More detailed information about the application process and the online form are available at the IAHPC website.
Writing and submitting an abstract can be a challenge. Remember IAHPC members can conduct their research by accessing CINAHL database with unlimited on-line access / downloads of full text articles from leading journals,
If you need information on how to apply please contact Genevieve Napier, IAHPC Programs Officer at email@example.com