The first ever Family Care Conference, organised by Richard House Children’s Hospice, will take place at the hospice premises in London on Wednesday 27th April 2016.
The conference will cover different aspects of children’s palliative care including occupational therapy and physiotherapy, introduction to Richard House services, coping strategies as well as spirituality.
Having a child with life-limiting conditions can be overwhelming as parents are thrust into a caregiver role without any prior training or education. This conference will focus on the different stages and elements of child care, offering support and information that could make caring for a child easier and leave caregivers better equipped to face the different challenges.
- Peter Ellis – Chief Executive at Richard House Children’s Hospice
- Patrick McKenna – Public Affairs and Policy Officer at Together for Short Lives
- Tristan Alexander Watts – Chaplain at Whipps Cross University Hospital NHS Trust
- Libby Basson – Clinical Services Manager at Richard House Children’s Hospice
- Tracie Dempster – Director of Family and Care Services
Peter Ellis, CEO of Richard House Children’s Hospice says – “We are delighted to organise our first ever Family Care Conference and hope to build on this in the years to come.”
Attendance is free of charge. Register by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 7540 0255.