This Pediatric Pain Master Class offers education in pain management for the pediatric patient from a holistic and multidisciplinary perspective. The program features a faculty of internationally recognized experts, who will cover pharmacological, medical, psychosocial, and integrative therapies in the management of children’s acute and complex/chronic pain.
Two scholarships are being offered by the Foundation of Children’s Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota, the Children’s Institute for Pain and Palliative Care (CIPPC).
The scholarships will include:
- airfare to and from Minneapolis/St. Paul
- hotel accommodation and meals
- 1-week practicum with the Pain & Palliative Care Team at Children’s Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota (27-31 May 2013)
- 100% course tuition for the Pediatric Pain Master Class, Minneapolis, MN, USA (1-7 June 2013).
- ongoing mentorship.
The recipients of this scholarship will be selected based on leadership abilities, commitment to moving the field of pediatric pain and palliative care forward, and attending to underserved pediatric populations. The goal of this scholarship program is to identify medical professionals who are in a position to improve acute and chronic pain management for children both in their institution and beyond (region or country).
- Application process opens November 1, 2012
- All applications are due by December 15, 2012 (incomplete applications will not be considered)
- Final decisions will be made by January 15, 2013.
More details are available on the Children’s Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota website.