Registration is still open for the Annual Assembly, which is being held at the New Orleans Ernest N. Morial Convention Center from 13 – 16 March 2013. The conference is aimed that physicians, nurses and healthcare providers in the field of hospice and palliative care. The meeting aims to promote excellence in hospice and palliative care.
- Disaster Preparedness: What We Have Learned and Where We Need to Go
- Our Exit Strategy: Denying Death Its Strangeness
- The State of the Science: Update in Hospice and Palliative Care
- Shifting Sands of Health Care: The Future of Medicare Payment.
There will also be forum meetings, poster presentations and paper presentations. Other special events and meetings include:
- special interest group networking – representatives from each SIG will explain their group’s mission, answer questions, and recruit members for work groups and special projects
- job fair – opportunities in the field of hospice and palliative care
- New Orleans jazz funeral – a unique service of remembrance featuring a jazz band.
- PDIA awards breakfast – where the PDIA Leadership Award winners will be presented
- NBCHPN certification luncheon
- Hospice and Palliative Nurses Foundation
- HPNF A Key 2 Your Heart Cases
- book club – discussion on how modern medicine can effectively work with other cultures and belief systems.
During the conference, the AAHPM will also be celebrating 25 years of work in hospice and palliative medicine since its founding in 1998. Activities will be held throughout the event to pay tribute to past leaders, and to honour physicians, nurses, and other healthcare providers.
Continuing education credits are available for physicians, nurses, pharmacists and social workers.
A full list of information about the event can be found on the AAHPM website, including registration documents and an itinerary.