- Twenty (20) scholarships to support the travel of palliative care workers to attend the IX Congreso Latinoamericano de Cuidados Paliativos de la Asociación Latinoamericana de Cuidados Paliativos (ALCP) in Santiago, Chile on April 11-14, 2018. Deadline to apply is December 15, 2017. Results will be announced December 29, 2017.
- Five (5) scholarships to support the travel of palliative care workers to attend the 10th World Research Congress of the EAPC in Bern, Switzerland on May 24-26, 2018.Deadline to apply is January 20, 2018. Results will be announced February 15, 2018, and;
- Ten (10) scholarships to support the travel of palliative care workers to attend the 3rd ICPCN Conference in Durban, South Africa on May 30-June 2, 2018. Deadline to apply is January 31, 2018. Results will be announced early March 2018.
Applicants from all disciplines are welcome. In order to apply for a traveling scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Have not received grants from IAHPC in the past three years.
- Be current IAHPC members. If you wish to apply and are not an IAHPC member, you may join by clicking here.
Preference will be given to applicants:
- who have been IAHPC active members for two or more consecutive years.
- whose institution is an IAHPC active member. See institutional members here.
- who are living in Lower, Lower-Middle and Upper-Middle income categories as per the World Bank income classification data – view here.
- who are dedicated full time to palliative care in their current work.
- who graduated less than 10 years ago from university.
- who have an accepted abstract for poster/oral presentation. Proof of acceptance is required.
- who describe in their applications long-term goals which lead to improvements in any or all of the following areas: Service provision; education; availability of, and access to, medicines; and public policy.
This program offers funding for travel and registration only; applicants will need to secure funding from other sources to cover additional expenses.
More detailed information about the application process and the online form are available at the IAHPC website here.
If you need information on how to apply please email Genevieve Napier, IAHPC Manager of Programs and Projects.