This conference builds on the international momentum of the first four conferences held in India, Bangladesh, Ireland, and England, and invites the world to gather again, this time in Canada’s national capital.
The 2017 Conference
The three day conference takes place in Ottawa during the 150th Anniversary of Canada’s confederation, and will feature a number of esteemed international speakers, abstract-driven workshops, oral presentations, and posters focusing on the five conference themes.
Please join us in Ottawa for what promises to be a wonderful learning and networking experience!
The 2017 conference themes are:
- Building public policies that support health (Public Policy)
- Creating participatory community partnerships
- Strengthening sustainable community partnerships
- Evaluation and performance
- Reorienting/engaging environments to be responsive to death, dying, loss and bereavement.
Program Features Include:
Six Plenaries, covering each of the five conference themes, including an opening plenary: “Palliative Care as Public Health?? Really?”
Other Program Features:
- Preconference site visits
- “Fireside chats” with noted PHPC experts
- Canadian First Nations presentations
- Networking with colleagues from around the world
- Theme based workshops
- Oral presentations
- Facilitated Poster sessions
- A Chance to Experience Ottawa during its 150th Anniversary Celebrations!
- Plus More
Call for abstracts
A call for abstracts will be launched on the conference website.
Further conference information and details about speakers will be announced online, please check online often for updates.
Canadian Hospice Palliative Care Conference
Coming to the IPHPC Conference? Check out our partner event, the Canadian Hospice Palliative Care Conference, www.conference.chpca. net, September 20th -23rd, 2017 also at the Ottawa Conference and Event Centre.
IAHPC Travelling Scholarships
The International Association for Hospice and Palliative Care (IAHPC) will provide scholarships to support the travel of palliative care workers to attend the 5th International Public Health and Palliative Care Conference. The IAHPC will begin accepting applications soon. For additional information please contact email@example.com.
For more information and to register for the conference, please go to: www.iphpc2017.com