The new award has been launched by the European Journal of Palliative Care (EJPC) in collaboration with the European Association for Palliative Care (EAPC) and will be presented for the first time at the 8th World Research Congress of the EAPC in Lleida, Spain (5–7 June 2014).
- Do you know someone who has made a major contribution to palliative care policy development?
- Do you think they deserve to have their contribution recognised by their peers?
- Would you like to nominate them for the inaugural Palliative Care Policy Development Award?
Nominated individuals will be judged by a panel of EJPC Editorial Advisory Board members, chaired by EJPC Editor Dr Julia Riley, based on:
- the degree of their involvement in the policy development
- the multidisciplinary nature of the policy
- the impact of the policy on patient and family care.
The deadline for nominations is 20 March 2014.