The grants form part of the Health Partnership Scheme (HPS), which is a six year programme that funds health partnerships to carry out training and capacity-building projects in low- and middle-income countries. The Scheme is funded by the UK Department for International Development and managed by THET.
This funding opportunity is to offer a further round of additional support to the health partnership community. It is intended to fund projects strengthening the capacity of the developing country’s health services.
All those considering applying should carefully read the eligibility and funding criteria contained in the Grant Overview, as these differ from those in previous grant streams.
All established health partnerships are welcome to apply.
The core requirements for the Additional Support to the Health Partnership Community – Round 2 grants are:
- Grant recipients are eligible institutions (see Grant Overview)
- Applications must be made by established Health Partnerships
- Projects must be operating within low- or middle-income countries
- Letters of support from each institution must be submitted along with the application.
There are two tiers of funding:
A – £10,000-£99,999
B – £100,000-£200,000
Applicants are invited to attend a pre-application webinar that will run through the application process and project planning. The webinar will be held on two occasions: the first is scheduled to take place on Friday 27 February and the second on Tuesday 3 March, from 12 to 1:30pm GMT.
Please register for one of these webinars here.
Medical equipment grant application webinar
A further webinar will be held on Monday 2 March from 12 to 1:30pm GMT specifically for medical equipment grant applicants, who are invited to apply within this grant stream.
Such grants would be those that focus on strengthening equipment maintenance and management capacity, rather than the provision of medical equipment.
We ask that relevant applicants register for this webinar in place of the above pre-application webinar. If you are a medical equipment grant applicant, please register for the webinar here.
Review & Award Process
Funding will be allocated by THET following:
- submission of a project outline and letters of support
- first selection group meeting (shortlisting)
- meeting with THET HPS Team to further develop project plan and budget, and submission of further documents
- final selection group meeting
- awards made against defined criteria
How to apply
The project outline should be completed and submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight on 19 April 2015 along with the required letters of support.