The theme for hospice week was #BecauseIMatter. HPCA (Hospice Palliative Care Association of South Africa) ran an extensive social media campaign where various videos, myths and facts and overall awareness of hospice and palliative care was highlighted on the Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, HPCA website and ehospice blog.
It proved to be an extremely successful campaign as the combined reach on all content pushed for the week was over 350 000 thousand unique views!
If you missed any of the informative information, you will find the round up below.
- Palliative care added meaning to my life
- A virtual tour of a hospice setting
- Celebrate Hospice nurses’ invaluable role
- Hospice’s holistic approach heals the heart too
- Catching up with Chief Executive Ronita Mahilall during Hospice week 2018
- Remembering those lost – a patient story from the Hillcrest AIDS Centre Trust
- A tour of Stellenbosch hospice; working in hospice care
- Catching up with the General Manager of Stellenbosch Hospice
As the national charity for hospice care, HPCA (Hospice Palliative Care Association of South Africa) champion and support the work of more than 107-member organisations, which provide hospice care to around 120 000 people across South Africa each year. Your support helps HPCA to ensure they deliver the highest quality of care, and any donation towards HPCA and its initiatives will make sure that their vital services in future is sustained.
Click here to donate and show your support towards hospice!