The countdown to the first drive-through and drop off social solidarity food drive, taking place from 9am at the corner of Atlas Road and Silver Wings Boulevard in Parkhaven on September 6 has begun.
The event is a call to action to make a difference.
Bring friends and family, car fanatics, scooter owners and bikers as the intent is to gather resources from community groups, corporates, farmers and charities to donate to charities.
The Portuguese Forum, in conjunction with both South African and international cultural community organisations, have organised charity representation at the event where the public are invited to drive through and drop off donations during the day.
South African charities include: CHOC (Childhood Cancer Foundation) & COWS; SPCA; SA Wildlife Rehabilitation Centre; Salvation Army; Hospice; The Elevation Hub; NOSH; Christian Family Church; Hot Cares; Impilo Foundation; 200% Foundation; Solidariteit Helpende Hand and Escapades in Africa.
Representing international cultural community organisations in South Africa are:
• Bienvenu Shelter
• Grupo de Beneficência de La Rochelle
• Grupo Madre Teresa de La Rochelle
• The Light House Stimulation Centre USA
• American Society of South Africa
• The American Chamber of Commerce in South Africa
• American International School of Johannesburg
• United Way South Africa France
• SFBJ (Johannesburg French Benevolent Association)
• Grace Community Centre
• Italian Aid Association (Associazione Assistenziale Italiana-AAI)
• The Geldenhuis Deep Bowls Club
• Giovani: Italian Youth Association of South Africa Biker associations include:
• Bikers Lives Matter
• Bikers of Africa
• C.H.A.I.N (Civilians helping all in need)
• TK Foundation
• Viva Foundation
• VPC (Vaal Presidents council)
The event programme is as follows:
• Opening of the food drive
• National anthem
• Opening prayer
• Cutting of the ribbon
• Release of trucks to government food banks.
• Motorbikes enter to drop off donations to the charity of their choice.
• Motor vehicles enter to drop off their donations all while remaining in their vehicles.
The Portuguese Forum would like to extend a special thanks to the Christian Family Church for making the property available for the food drive.
For all queries, email firstname.lastname@example.org or for more details, visit www.socialfooddrive.co.za or Facebook at www.facebook/socialfooddrive or Instagram at www.instagram.com/socialfooddrive or on Twitter at www.twitter.com/socialfooddrive