The African Palliative Care Association (APCA) in partnership with Global Partners in Care provides a limited number of scholarships each year for palliative care training opportunities for social workers and enrolled and registered nurses. Scholarships are awarded up to a maximum of US$ 4,000 through a competitive application process once a year.
What the scholarship funds will Support in 2015:
The two scholarship funds will support palliative care education and training at recognized institutions in Africa for social workers or enrolled and registered nurses. Training programmes which the Scholarship supports include:
- Palliative care distance learning diploma and degree courses run in Africa (up to USD $4,000)
- Special consideration on a case by case basis may be made.
Additional funds may be awarded to nurses and social worker scholarship recipients who agree to train other health care workers in palliative care in their respective community.
*Note: This list is not exhaustive and is presented as an indication of what the fund will cover. Other appropriate training opportunities within Africa for nurses related to palliative care may also be considered for funding.
- Announcement of Scholarship Fund: 15th April 2015
- Application deadline closes: 15th May 2015
- Selection process completed: May -June
- Candidates informed: 30th June 2015
- Scholarships Awarded-15th July 2015
Application criteria and procedures are available below: