The chance to see superstar songstress Ariana Grande in concert, win a week’s holiday in a villa in Portugal or an overnight stay for two at luxury health spa resort Champneys are among the highly sought-after prizes on offer in a silent auction held at a gala dinner hosted by Hospice UK next month.
On Wednesday 8 May the charity will hold the glamorous event at The Savoy Hotel in London to mark its 35th anniversary.
The event will celebrate the difference that hospice care has made to the lives of so many people with life-limiting conditions and their families, as well as looking forward to the increasing role it will need to play in the future to support the needs of more people living for longer with complex health conditions.
The celebratory evening taking place at the iconic five-star Art Deco hotel will kick off with a champagne reception, followed by a delicious three course meal with wine, live entertainment and a silent auction.
Former Conservative Party leader and Hospice UK vice president the Rt. Hon Lord Howard of Lympne will be attending the evening, and TV presenter Gloria Hunniford and actress Shakira Caine are among the celebrities expected to attend.
Bidding for the silent auction opens to the public online today from 12pm. Other desirable auction prizes include:
- A private shoot with a photographer from creative agency McKay Williamson, which includes 2-3 hours with the photographer shooting on location in London or New York, plus £500 credit to be used for frames or creative ideas
- A tour of the state-of-the-art studios at Global Radio at Leicester Square and a meet and greet with one of the presenters
- A signed Ridley Scott poster of the Martian film
- Dinner for four at Mosimann’s Club – one of the most prestigious dining clubs in the world – with wines in its Davidoff Room and an interactive experience where you can create and design your own desserts
- Afternoon tea for two and tour of the House of Lords
- A pair of bespoke Hunter wellies – personalised with the winner’s initials.
- Dancing with the Stars: Two tickets to Neil and Katya Jones’s new show with a backstage meet and greet. Plus a private dance lesson with both Neil and Katya.
- Two tickets for Wales V England at the Principality Stadium, Cardiff on Saturday 17 August
Catherine Bosworth, Director of Income Generation at Hospice UK, said:
“We have a fantastic array of enticing prizes on offer in the silent auction for our 35th anniversary Gala Dinner. You don’t have to attend the event to take part and members of the public can join in the fun online. We hope the bids come rolling in soon to help generate vital funds for hospice care.
“Hospice care has touched the lives of so many people since our charity was founded back in 1984 and we are delighted to hold this event to celebrate the incredible work of hospices across the UK and the big difference this makes to people with life-limiting conditions and their families.”
Tables of 10 for the event start at £2,500 and individual tickets are £250. All funds raised will go towards the work of Hospice UK supporting hospices across the UK.
To buy tickets visit Hospice UK Gala Dinner