For this, the definition of ‘domestic setting’ is the individual having his/her own front door rather than in a shared living situation.
The case studies will be used to help develop two new resources
- a guide to support practitioners, carers and commissioners of services for people who want to die at home
- a digital resource about joint and integrated care.
The deadline to submit case studies is 23 December 2012. For more information visit the SCIE website or contact Pamela Holmes, practice development manager, or Mavis Taylor, project support officer, by email or on 020 7024 7708.
Resources on end of life care
SCIE provides information and links for professionals who support people and their families at end of life through its End of Life Care Hub. Here you can find:
- seven films that explore different aspects of end of life care
- examples of good practice in end of life care
- guidance on end of life care for people with dementia.