Participants will gain an understanding of the nursing care needs of patients (particularly paediatrics) undergoing treatment with cytotoxic medication.
This one day course is aimed at all nurses working in clinical areas, where cytotoxic medication is administered.
Topics covered will include:
- Explain the action of cytotoxic medication
- Demonstrate a basic knowledge of the side effects and nursing implications of cytotoxic medication terms of preparation, assessment and monitoring of patients
- Contribute to the assessment of information and support needs of children and their families
- Access further information regarding cytotoxic medication
- Assist in maintaining a safe environment when cytotoxic medication is being given
- Complete the Pan London Cancer Network Cytotoxic Chemotherapy Workbook 1
- Information about Preparation for workbook 2 for your clinical area
Refreshments will be provided.