Member hospices of the national charity, can apply to claim their free TomTom for staff who travel across regions to provide vital care for terminally ill patients in their own homes.
Hospice at home services offer support to patients and can also help prevent costly emergency admissions to hospital for people at the end of life.
Ann Francis, Corporate Social Responsibility Programme Director at TomTom, said:
“TomTom is all about movement. Our aim is to make it easier for people to keep moving to achieve their goals. Through our product donation programme TomTom donates navigation products to charitable organisations that use vehicles as part of their daily operation, where those vehicles are vital to help save or enhance lives.
“We are delighted that TomTom products will be used by hospices around the UK to support them in achieving their goals and to support the valuable work they do to enhance the lives of patients and families.”
Maxine Trotter, Director of Fundraising at Help the Hospices, added:
“Help the Hospices is immensely grateful to TomTom for their generous donation of satnavs for hospices.
“These devices will be highly beneficial for hospice staff when they are out and about on the roads and travelling to provide vital support for patients and their families.”
How to claim your TomTom:
- Hospices who are members of Help the Hospices have the chance to claim three TomTom sat nav devices, on a first come first served basis. These must be used to support delivery of care (eg by care staff visiting people in their homes or other locations).
- A claim should be made by one individual from the hospice.
- In order to make a claim, hospices should contact Capeability directly – who will be managing the distribution.
- Once hospices have contacted Capeability to make a claim, terms of agreement will be issued by Capeability, which hospices will need to agree to.
- Capeability will then send the devices (from a variety of models offered) to the hospice.
Hospices will need to cover P&P which will be approx £16.14 for two sat nav devices and £21.53 for three – paid to Capeability. It may take 2-3 days for Capeability to reply to your initial enquiry.
Please note, your donated TomTom may have an out of date map on it. To address this, the donation also includes a two-year free Map Update Service and instructions of how to claim this will be sent to you. Hospices have two weeks to claim the offer, with a deadline of 18 October 2013.