Help the Hospices was founded in 1984 and is the leading charity supporting hospice care throughout the UK.
The successful candidate will research and write articles for the UK and International editions of ehospice. ehospice is a news and intelligence resource aimed at anyone with a professional or personal interest in hospice, palliative and end of life care, with the aim of improving care throughout the world. There are 10 editions in total, with more on the way. It is published on a dedicated website, mobile site, and iPhone and iPad apps.
Working in a small team of editors and writers, the role will involve:
- generating ideas for articles and photo and video content
- writing engaging articles for the website and apps, as well as social media channels
- conducting and writing up interviews
- reporting from external events, such as conferences.
The successful candidate will have a passion for news and a keen eye for what makes a good story. They will:
- have experience of working on a newsdesk
- be able to work to tight deadlines
- have excellent journalism and editing skills
- be able to work as an effective and flexible member of a team while also being able to work alone.
More information about the role can be found on Help the Hospices website.