The programme, run by FoNS in partnership with the Burdett Trust for Nursing, has supported over 50 teams since 2009, including projects which have led to the creation of a holistic assessment tool at St John’s Hospice in London, the establishment of a nurse-led respite ward at St Joseph’s Hospice, and raised the profile of preferred priorities at the end of life with patients at St Nicholas’ Hospice.
FoNS are looking for applicants who have innovative ideas, want to engage with patients, staff and carers, are keen to develop their own leadership/facilitation skills and want to influence and develop person-centred practice.
Over a period of 18 months, the Patients First Programme provides:
- a dedicated experienced Practice Development Facilitator offering direct support in the workplace and via telephone/email
- six full-day learning and development workshops that will bring together the nurse-led teams to explore and enable the development of effective strategies for changing practice and provide opportunities for networking and sharing
- full access to the FoNS Centre for Nursing Innovation
- support with report writing, publishing and active dissemination
- a bursary of up to £5,000.
For more information about the programme, current and past participants and to download an application form, visit the FoNS website.
If you have an idea for working with patients to improve care, “putting your patients first”, contact Jo Odell, Practice Development Facilitator, to discuss your ideas and how the programme can support you in practice, either by phone on 020 7307 2857 or by email: email@example.com
Any administrative enquiries and all completed applications should be sent to Debbie Warren, Administrator, on 020 7307 2857 or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is 5pm, 9 September 2014.