The Hospice Biographers charity trains specialist volunteers to visit hospices throughout the UK and record the life stories of patients. Now the charity is set to produce a two hour radio show once a month on new internet station 199radio.
The talk and music show will celebrate the lives of patients and the exceptional work of hospice staff and volunteers around Britain. Shows will be broadcast live over the internet and will later be available as podcasts for listeners to hear them anywhere in the world.
The first show will take place on Tuesday July 31 between 2 – 4pm. The Hospice Biographers are seeking people to take part in the show, and would like to hear from:
- Hospices that are doing something extraordinary
- Staff who have recently achieved an award for excellence
- Hospices engaged with outreach projects with prisoners, homeless, travellers, young mums or dads
- Patients who would like to talk on air and select a particular piece of music for a loved one who lives in the UK or anywhere in the world
- Hospices that have already been trained by the Hospice Biographers charity
- Anyone with something to share with listeners about their important work for The Hospice Biographers charity
Hospices will also be permitted to make live donation appeals.
For more information and to take part email Barbara Altounynan