Are you passionate and committed to empowering others to deliver excellent palliative and end of life care?
We are looking for an enthusiastic committed team player for a dual clinical/educational role to develop palliative care education at North Devon Hospice.
North Devon Hospice believes that high quality clinical education and expert practice is central to excellence in palliative and end of life care. In order to facilitate this we believe in empowering staff in all care settings to develop their knowledge, skills, competence and practice. You will take a critical part in this supportive and innovative Education team to deliver a comprehensive and expanding, internal and external education programme.
The post holder will be an autonomous practitioner within the specialist palliative care team, normally spending 2 days per week in a clinical setting and 3 days with the education team, though flexibility will be required to meet the needs of the role.
In support of North Devon Hospice’s strategic objective to be the centre of excellence for End of Life Care education in North Devon, the role of Lecturer practitioner will include:
• Providing expert educational support to Head of Education using the National End of Life Care Strategy and the Ambitions for Palliative and End of Life Care as the benchmark for developing excellence in end of life care.
• Working with the Education team in provision of outreach education and accredited training including Plymouth University Partnership Modules in Palliative Care, Six Steps End of Life Care programme and the NCFE Level 3 End of Life Care Certificate.
• To support the Head of Education in provision of training for hospice staff in the development and maintenance of skills and competency levels. This includes delivering professional End of Life Care training to staff within the hospice and encouraging continuous workforce development to facilitate the highest standards of care.
• To work collaboratively with the Head of Education in the strategic planning, delivery and evaluation of the education programme and co-ordination of curriculum design, delivery and evaluation of post-qualification and end of life care teaching programmes.
• Support the Head of Education as specialist lead for palliative and end of life care education provision including, Bachelor and Masters level programmes.
You will be joining a dynamic and successful department that in the past year has provided end of life education to 1063 healthcare professionals, and received 100% positive feedback. We have also recently launched our Accredited NCFE Certificate in end of life care in partnership with Petroc College, and at the same time expanded our delivery of a degree level palliative care module.
This post is subject to an Enhanced level check with the Disclosure and Barring Service.
To formally apply for this vacancy, please visit our website:
http://www.northdevonhospice.org.uk/jobs-volunteering/working-for-north-devon-hospice/lecturer-practitioner-palliative-care/ and complete an application form. We regret that we are unable to consider applications by CV.
If you would like to know that your application has been received please contact us on the following telephone number: 01271347228 or email address: email@example.com
Informal discussion welcomed. Please contact Sam Ritzen – Head of Education on 01271 347205 or Dr Murray Fletcher – Medical Director on 01271 347209. For further details please visit our website www.northdevonhospice.org.uk
Please indicate on your application form whether you are applying for full-time or part-time hours (minimum of 30 hours per week considered).
Closing date for completed application forms is noon on Friday 20th January 2017.
Interviews will be held on Monday 30th January 2017.