Supporting psycho-social care education and learning team
Salary: Band 7 £37,286 – £47,306 per annum inclusive
Hours of work: 37.5 Hours per week
St Joseph’s Hospice is a healthcare charity established in 1905 to offer help and support to people with progressive and life threatening conditions, their families and carers.
One of the key objectives of the hospice is to be a provider of advice, support, education and training to professionals and others engaged in care delivery in the local area.
The Palliative Care Facilitator for Psycho-Social will be an active member of the education and learning team and play a key part in driving our agenda for multi-disciplinary education, research and workforce development with a specific responsibility for psycho-social care related training as well as the hospice’s external education offering.
In this varied role your responsibilities will include, amongst others:
- Acting as a highly specialist palliative care resource to train, mentor and guide staff particularly those working in psycho-social care
- Lead and manage key aspects of our multi-disciplinary education both internally and externally.
- Work with a range of colleagues and service leads both internally and externally to ensure training and development needs are clearly identified and met.
- Act as the hospice’s academic and accreditation representative to a range of educational and academic institutions.
- Develop new areas of education and learning on behalf of the hospice
Applications will be welcomed from dynamic and self-motivated professionals who have previous related experience, ideally within the health and/or education sectors.
We offer 27 days holiday and excellent pension scheme. Continuity of NHS Pension Scheme is available.
For further information or to arrange an informal visit, please contact Nick Nixon, Head of Education and Learning on 020 8525 6016 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants are subject to an enhanced DBS (previously CRB) check.
Application form and job description via the St Joseph’s Hospice website or telephone Human Resources on 020 8525 6068. Please note we do not consider a CV submitted without a completed application form as an acceptable application.
Closing Date: 5 February 2016
Interview date: 24 February 2016