‘A parent’s guide – making critical care choices for your child‘ is written in a simple question and answer style format, and includes some of the key questions or concerns regarding critical care.
- What are critical care choices?
- What is an end of life care plan?
- Will my child carry on getting the care and support they need?
- Do I have a choice in my child’s critical care?
- How are critical care decisions made?
- What if I change my mind?
- What if my doctor and I do not agree?
This leaflet is designed to provide information, signposts and prompts to help parents and carers understand the challenges that everyone who is looking after their child faces, and to help them make informed choices and decisions about treatment and critical care
Parents, carers, families and health professionals were all involved in developing the content, which has been reviewed and revised to include an updated directory of helpful services.
The leaflet is available to download in the family resources section of the Together for Short Lives website.
Last month Together for Short Lives also published a range of updated factsheets for families that care for children with life-limiting or life threatening conditions, to be uses alongside its new Family Companion.