The workbooks, which were first published in 2001, help those managing or coordinating volunteers in a project or an organisation. Each workbook covers different aspects of volunteering, from attracting and selecting volunteers, to the issues involved in volunteering and the wider organisation.
New sections have been incorporated into the workbooks. They also include a number of case studies, good practice issues and guidance on how volunteer managers can develop a professional approach to their role.
The five workbooks cover:
- planning for volunteer involvement
- attracting and selecting volunteers
- managing and motivating volunteers
- managing volunteer training
- considering the wider organisation.
Volunteer Now is a charity based in Northern Ireland that works to promote, enhance and support volunteering.