Sustainability in Pediatric Palliative/Hospice Care – Issue #66 of the free Pediatric E-journal from the National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization.
The 66th issue of the Pediatric E-Journal is now available online. The impetus for this issue came from our realization that in three decades or so, the NHPCO Pediatric e-Journal has never had an issue focusing on sustainability. It isn’t a very warm and fuzzy topic. Who likes to think of the grubby realities of MONEY in these noble causes? Yet, supporting the very existence of our programs is crucial to providing palliative and hospice care to children/adolescents and their caregivers. And, as we continued to develop this issue, we increasingly
realized sustainability can mean many things to the many different types of programs that have been
developed in pediatric palliative and hospice care.
Also, be sure to catch the Items of Interest section at the end of the E-Journal for news and resources related to pediatric hospice and palliative care.
A few highlights from this issue:
- Is a Community-Based Pediatric Hospice Program Sustainable?
- PANDAS: How to Avoid the Endangered Species List, OR, Sustainability of an Inpatient Pediatric Palliative Care Team
- Engaging Organizational Leadership in Advancing Sustainability for Pediatric Palliative and Hospice Care Programs
- Sustainability of Self and Staff
- Sustainability and Statewide Pediatric Palliative and Hospice Care Coalitions
Read these and other great articles, available for free download (PDF).
Visit the archive of the NHPCO Pediatric E-Journal to find previous issues.