The CHPCA’s Learning Institute brings together health care professionals from across the country for an intense learning weekend. The program is directed towards intermediate and advance learning levels and is facilitated by the best faculty in Canada along with recognized international leaders to make up a most sophisticated caliber of educators and mentors.
The Canadian Hospice Palliative Care Learning Institute concentrates on six intermediate and advanced learning streams:
- Stream 1: Community-wide approaches to engagement – including communications skills – Advocacy, Social Media and Advance Care Planning
- Stream 2: Organizational Development and Great Leadership
- Stream 3: Inter-professional Education and Practice Presented by Pallium Canada – Mobilizing Palliative Care Champions
- Stream 4: Clinical Practice – Palliative care and chronic disease
- Stream 5: Clinical Practice – Strengthening our capacity amidst a changing landscape
- Stream 6: Integration of the Palliative Approach to care across all settings of care: the way towards an integrated community approach
The Learning Institute will take place June 3-5 2016 in Banff, Alberta, at the Banff Centre. It will provide the best and brightest in the Hospice Palliative Care field and other allied healthcare professionals with the opportunity to advance their skills and share their expertise. The weekend will include intensive workshops that will be attended by doctors, nurses, pharmacists, researchers, spiritual care advisers and social workers.