How to know when aging parents need extra care

Categories: Care.

How do we know, for example, if and when a parent needs help to remain in their own home, or whether they require professional supports or even long-term care?

In Ontario, this type of help and answers are available. Registered nurses (RNs) working as care coordinators for the province’s 14 Community Care Access Centres (CCACs) are there to assist in these situations.

All Ontarians have access to the skills and care provided by this network of highly skilled registered nurses, nurse practitioners and other health-care providers. The range of expertise and abilities RNs possess is why some say that a registered nurse is an invaluable asset in any health-care sector.

Using their highly honed skills, RNs can help you determine the care needs of an aging parent or anyone who needs help. A care coordinator will thoroughly assess their patient, measuring both their cognitive and physical condition, and then arrange for the services they need to remain the healthiest they can be.

For the full story.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *