The one day conference, Global perspectives for palliative care; integration and health systems strengthening will showcase innovative ways that palliative care services and systems are being established in African and Asian countries in response to the imperative from the World Health Assembly. The conference will be held at the Edinburgh Centre for Carbon Innovation, High School Yards, Edinburgh.
Sharing the issues and challenges, recent developments and models and discovering global opportunities for further involvement in building palliative care through a tried and tested integrated health systems approach.
Keynote themes include:
- THET Integrate project: An exploration of emerging models of palliative care integration, tipping points for systems change and partnerships working.
- Emmanuel Hospitals Association and Cairdeas project: Integrating palliative care for the marginalised through partnerships with a rural network of Indian Hospitals.
- Mentorship: Frameworks for mutual learning, personal experiences and sharing good practise.
- Universal Health Coverage and Palliative Care
- PRIME: Holistic education and partnership in global communities.
Dr Liz Grant, Assistant Principal and Director Global Health Academy, University of Edinburgh.
Dr Mhoira Leng, Medical Director of Cairdeas, Consultant Palliative Care Physician.
Other speakers include:
Malcolm McNeil, Senior Health Advisor, DFID,
Dr Martin Leiper, Consultant in Palliative Medicine, Mentor, Honorary Senior Lecturer, University of Dundee
Drs Karilyn and Richard Collins, Palliative Care Specialists and Mentors.
The event is free to attend but you are asked to register on Eventbrite at https://globalperspectivesinpalliativecare.eventbrite.co.uk