Photo Acknowledgement: Mike Hill from Moonshine Agency (Little Stars)
The recently published Issue #54 of the ChiPPS E-Journal explores some of the many transitions that children, adolescents, family members, and care providers experience in the course of children’s palliative and hospice care.
The collection of articles, which can be downloaded as a PDF, has been produced by the National Hospice Palliative Care Organization (NHPCO) ChiPPS E-Journal Workgroup.
Articles in Issue #54 of the E-Journal include:
- Unpolished Silver by Scott Newport – a Valentine’s Day themed article written by a bereaved father.
- Justin’s Gift by Christy Torkildson (Co-Chair of the ChiPPS E-Journal Workgroup) in which she introduces readers to 17 year old Justin who relays his story of his journey with cancer from the age of 1 year.
- Still Transitioning – by JoAnn Mosel, a mother who tells of the many challenges she and her now 31 year old son have experienced as he made the transition from the paediatric to the adult care system.
- Creating Connections: A Social Work Perspective in Connecting with Medically Complex Children and Families by Amanda Hedrick who describes her new role as a social worker in paediatric hospice and palliative care, focusing on the challenges presented in making this transition.
- Transitions: Never Ending; Always Changing and The Rocky Road: The Transition from Pediatric to Adult Services for Adolescents and Young Adults with Complex Chronic Conditions Suzanne S. Toce, MD, in which transitions within paediatric palliative care and in the specific circumstances related to moving from paediatric to adult services are explored.
Click here to read more and download this collection of articles.