At the recent National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization (NHPCO) Leadership and Advocacy Conference held in Washington DC, the US organization unveiled its new branding that affects many aspects of NHPCO and its work.
What was known as the Children’s Project on Palliative/Hospice Services (ChiPPS), will now be known as NHPCO’s Pediatric Advisory Council. The ChiPPS E-Journal will now be the Pediatric E-Journal and the look of the publication reflects NHPCO’s new branding.
This important pediatric work will continue under the Pediatric Advisory Council and the E-Journal Workgroup looks forward to contributing to the field through the availability of the free Pediatric E-Journal.
Latest edition of the NHPCO Pediatric E-Journal
The 55th issue of the Pediatric E-Journal explores some of the many different types of integrative and complementary therapies that can contribute to the care provided to children, adolescents, and family members as part of the overall services offered by programs of pediatric palliative or hospice care. The editors describe being surprised to realise how widespread interest in these topics was as they prepared this issue, showing that integrative and complementary therapies are becoming increasingly important in pediatric palliative and hospice care, and that practitioners of these therapies are eager to describe their roles in these types of care. Due to this interest and demand, this theme will be covered in two issues of the E-Journal.
Issue #55: Integrative and Complementary Therapies—Part One
Articles to be found in this edition:
- Swimming in Zone 3 by Scott Newport
- Parent Realities: Navigating the Use of Integrative Therapies for a Child with Medical Complexities by Dannell Shu.
- Essential Oils: Scarlet’s Story by Jennifer Wagner
- Concealed Voices: Music Therapy for Pediatric Patients in Hospice Care by Yelena Zatulovsky
- Complementary and Mind-Body Practices for Symptom Management with Children and Adolescents by Susan E. Thrane
- Acupressure and other Complementary Therapies for Symptom Management in Pediatric Palliative Care by Joan M. Fischer
- Pediatric Massage Therapy by Marcia Degelman
- End of Life Doulas as an Essential Layer of Support for Children and Families by Christy Moe Marek
- Medical Marijuana in Pediatric Palliative Care by Elissa Miller
- Guiding Parents to Mindfulness: Low Tech in a High=Tech Environment by David M Steinhorn
Download the latest issue here