Bayt Abdullah Children’s Hospice provides multi-professional, specialist, paediatric palliative care and support to children with life limiting or life threatening illnesses who are resident in Kuwait, and their families. We aim to improve the quality of life for children and their families from diagnosis and beyond by offering these services, tailored to the individual family’s needs, in the location of their choice, whether at home, in Bayt Abdullah or through our outreach programme in their local hospital.
We offer specialist symptom management, medically supported ‘respite’ care, home care, rehabilitation services and play activities as well as psychological and practical support for the whole family.
The Director of Care will provide clinical and organisational leadership. Working in partnership with the management team, they will ensure that Bayt Abdullah is the flagship provider of paediatric palliative care in the Middle East.
- Provide strategic direction and professional leadership for all care and community service activities, and initiate and develop effective partnerships with outside agencies that fit well with the purpose and objectives of Bayt Abdullah, which focus on children and their families.
- Provide sound knowledge of current and developing nursing practice, accommodating all relevant paediatric palliative and respite care initiatives and related national healthcare agendas.
- Ensure Bayt Abdullah plays a significant role in the development of children’s palliative care initiatives and research.
- Ensure robust clinical governance, clinical audit, quality and risk management service is provided to include regular reports and information to provide appropriate assurance.
- Manage the agreed strategic financial budget for care services.