People with advancing neurological illnesses such as Multiple Sclerosis, Motor Neuron Disease and Parkinson’s Disease can experience a range of symptoms that can cause discomfort and distress. Palliative care can help with symptom management from diagnosis of an illness through to the end of life.
As well as establishing palliative care needs, the project also aims to identify the required responses to these needs. They will draw perspectives from Neurological Alliance of Ireland member organisations which include:
- Multiple Sclerosis Ireland
- Parkinsons Association of Ireland
- Irish Motor Neuron Disease Association
- Huntingtons Disease Association of Ireland
- Progressive Supranuclear Palsey Association
- Brain Tumour Ireland
- Cheshire Ireland
Find out more about this project, and other relevant work that the Irish Hospice Foundation is involved in, on its website.