Stepping Stone Hospice is hosting a five-day Introduction to Palliative Care course in October 2020 and you are more than welcome to register.
“With palliative care now introduced into the national health care system, we find that more and more people, whether in their workplace or because of personal circumstances, want to learn the skills around providing palliative care,” said Marietjie Tame, marketing and fund-raising manager at Stepping Stone.
This is a 40-hour course running over five days and on the successful completion of the course a certificate of completion will be issued.
Topics to be covered over the five days include:
• Principles of palliative care, palliative care and ethics, and end of life decision making
• Communication skills and the team and family
• Pain assessment and management and other symptom management
• Culture, spirituality, sexuality, care of the caregiver
• Loss, grief and bereavement, care of the caregiver
Cost to attend the course is R3 500 per person and the dates are October 19, 20 and 21 (online) and October 27 and 28 (face to face).
Courses will be hosted at Stepping Stone Hospice & Care Services, 15 Heidelberg Road, corner Ascot Road, Newmarket Park.
To register, email Sonia Thomson at firstname.lastname@example.org