ST JOSEPH’S CONVENT
BANK NURSING AUXILIARY
Salary: Band 2 £9.91 per hour plus holiday allowance
St Joseph’s Convent is seeking to recruit a Nursing Auxiliary. The post holder will assist in the provision of nursing care to elderly Sisters and for maintaining a homely, supportive and stimulating environment in order to improve or sustain, as far as possible, the Sisters’ quality of life.
The post-holder will:
- Assist sisters with their personal care, seeking advice as necessary from members of the team. Read and discuss the prescribed plan of care, reporting any significant incidents or changes to the person in charge of the shift. Record as directed.
- Assist the lead nurse with the distribution of the individual sisters’ medication.
- Help sisters at mealtimes, in line with their specific needs as identified in the care plan.
- Escort sisters to outpatient appointments and, whilst out, continue to be an advocate, if they cannot advocate for themselves.
- Assist in admitting and welcoming new sisters and helping them settle into the unit.
- Maintain a good level of nursing stock and equipment and assist with ordering, advising the lead nurse when these are running low.
We are looking for:
- A basic understanding of work in a healthcare setting
- Knowledge of Health and safety at work issues, Safe moving and handling and Equal opportunities
- Ability to be sensitive to the individual needs of the Sisters and is kind, patient, caring, enthusiastic and motivated.
- Ability to work as part of a team and take direction from senior colleagues
- Good communication skills and able to use telephone
- Ability to perform to a good standard of nursing care
- Experience of working in a healthcare setting would be an advantage to applicants for this post.
All applicants must be flexible and agreeable to work shifts on rotation. Applicants need to be comfortable working in a Catholic Religious Community.
Applicants are subject to enhanced DBS check (formerly CRB)
For further information please contact Sister Helena McGilly on 020 8525 4232 or email@example.com,uk
The job description, person specification and application form are available on the Intranet / Caring For You / Recruitment
To apply, please complete the Convent application form, using the person specification, detailing how you meet the criteria for this role and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 9 October 2016
Interview date: 28 October 2016