Permanent – Full Time, 37.5 Hours Per Week
Salary Range: £44,681 – £51,555 p.a.
Are you an experienced Leader with excellent strategic insight, team motivation and communication skills with a passion for developing people and services?
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Head of Service role within the Directorate of Quality and Care. We are looking for great leadership and strategic thinking, with an eye to excellent service design and delivery.
We would expect applicants to have senior experience in palliative care, team/IPU service management, local knowledge and to welcome the opportunity to lead and develop services during an exciting time of change.
The role is part of the Directorate of Quality and Care redesign and will encompass and provide leadership and management to our service delivery teams, with pan directorate oversight and deputising for the Director as required. Additionally this role will have CQC Registered Manager and lead nurse responsibilities as well as those of the quality and audit processes.
This post will work with 3 other Heads of service to:
- Enable the Heads of Service to lead projects, including facilitation of external networks and developments
- Give more senior support to teams and staff through this period of growth and transition
- Develop areas of expertise and encourage cross working to maximise all service delivery opportunities
- Give more focus to service delivery and better targeted communications, internally and externally
- Focus on the teams’ core functions and outcomes to help improve growth/changes to service delivery
- Work with other senior managers across the hospice to deliver the Saint Francis Hospice strategy.
Additionally the post will be responsible for leadership via attendance at a variety of Management Group meetings, instrumental in helping us and the teams deliver on strategic outcomes and will ensure the hospice service teams are fit for the future.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity or arrange an informal visit we would be delighted to hear from you. Please contact Lorraine Hart, PA to the Director of Quality and Care on 01708 753319 ext. 2256 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to apply for the Head of Quality and Audit position please complete your application online via NHS Jobs. The job reference number is J181- 028.
Closing date: 8am, 21 September 2015
Interview date: 5 October 2015