Bournemouth International Centre
This year’s conference reflects recommendations emerging from the Commission into the Future of Hospice Care and the urgency for hospices to prepare for a future that will be characterised by greater demand, few resources, increased clinical and social complexity in the delivery of care, and higher public and patient expectation.
A flagship event in the hospice and palliative care calendar, Help the Hospices conference brings together people from a range of disciplines to facilitate debate and share learning. This year the conference is run in association with Marie Curie Cancer Care and Sue Ryder and sponsored by thankQ.
The conference has four themes:
- strategic leadership
- organisational culture and workforce
- building the evidence base
- innovations in care.
The conference will include:
- eminent speakers from the UK and the international palliative care community
- oral and poster presentations selected via a Call for papers
- a series of seven master classes
- exhibitors from commercial and charitable organisations
- opportunities to network, including a free drinks reception and a conference dinner
- the opportunity to gain CPD points (an application has been submitted).
Further information is available at www.helpthehospices.org.uk/conference2013