Salary: £37,000 to £40,000 per annum
Hours: 37.5 per week
St Rocco’s Hospice is proud of its reputation as ‘Warrington’s Favourite Charity’, providing specialist palliative care for patients living with life limiting illnesses. We now have an exciting opportunity for an Income Generation Lead to work 37.5 hours per week worked over 5 days. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Income Generation Lead will have senior management responsibility. The main purpose of this role is to provide operational management and leadership to services within the Hospice, which includes Fundraising, Shops, Lottery and Volunteers and will work collaboratively on internal and external communications/marketing strategy.
Main purpose of the post:
- provide operational management and leadership to services within the hospice, which includes fundraising, shops, lottery and volunteers. will work collaboratively on internal and external communications/marketing strategy.
- provide strong visible leadership for the areas of responsibility, continuous improvement innovation and strategic change.
- to strategically lead and manage all income generation activities, ensuring statutory, corporate, commercial and other fund raising and income generating opportunities are maximised to the financial advantage of the hospice.
- work collaboratively with own team and external resource to ensure the resourcing and development of the workforce (staff and volunteers) and service provision, making the best use of skills and competencies across the hospice.
- Develop plan and implement the strategic plan within sphere of responsibility.
- To lead and work closely with the Chief Executive and Finance Manager in the development and maintenance of the Hospice financial sustainability/business plans, ensuring income targets are met and taking action to respond to any deficit/ variance or changing circumstances.
- To work with other member of the Senior Management Team in identifying training and conference expenditure, whilst maintaining cost effectiveness and working within agreed budgets.
- Allocate health and safety responsibilities to staff within area of control in accordance with hospice policies and legal requirements.
- Ensure that Health and Safety policies are regularly reviewed and in line with current legal requirements.
- Work with other members of the Senior Management Team to ensure that the Senior Management Team meets all its corporate responsibilities, including corporate governance and health and safety.
To be considered for the position of the income generation lead you will:
- Ability to think and plan strategically, Leadership qualities and experience
- Demonstrable ability to provide motivational leadership to staff and volunteers through an inclusive management style
- Ability to manage budgets and resources efficiently and to provide services within defined resource limits
- Educated to degree level or relevant professional / business qualification
- Income Generation qualification /experience
- Third Sector or related background, with experience of income generation
- Experience of managing staff operationally including managing performance
- Valid driving licence and own transport
The role of Income Generation Lead is a Full Time role – 37.5 hours per week over 5 days. The successful candidate for the role will receive a salary depending on experience of £37,000 to £40,000 per annum. Benefits include – Contributory Company Group Pension Plan, Life Assurance and Medical Cash Plan – T&C’s apply. The post is not a salary incremental post and pay reviews are at the discretion of the Hospice.
Closing date of Sunday 14th December 2014 (NB: This role may be removed before the original end date or extended.) Interview date to be confirmed and will include a 10 minute presentation by the candidate (Presentation topic will be clarified on invite to interview).