Lewis-Manning Hospice Care scooped the coveted award of ‘Best Place to Work’ in the inaugural Poole Business Awards, which took place at Upton Country House in Poole. The award was sponsored by Yellow Coaches.
CEO Clare Gallie advised, “I am absolutely delighted that our hospice has won the ‘Best Place to Work’ award and thrilled to accept on behalf of our staff and volunteers, all of whom have supported so many vulnerable patients during the pandemic. We have worked hard to make our charity a happy place for all to work and are delighted with this accolade.”
Jay Rachet compered the awards which were streamed live on YouTube and can be viewed by clicking here.
The full results were:
- Health, Beauty and Fitness Award (sponsored by Laser Crystal): The Fitness Formula and JK House (Joint Winners)
- Hospitality Business of the Year (sponsored by NFU Mutual): SALT Cø
- Independent Business of the Year (sponsored by Saffery Champness): Luvwed
- Green/Eco Business of the Year (sponsored by Gavin Dixon Finance Solutions): &Keep
- Start Up Business of the Year (sponsored by Bournemouth University): Podcast Labs
- Excellence in Customer Service (sponsored by Dutton Gregory): Protect Line
- Tourism Business of the Year (sponsored by Upton Country Park): Poole Seafood Festival
- Best Place to Work (sponsored by Yellow Coaches): Lewis-Manning Hospice Care
- Service Provider of the Year (sponsored by Dorset Growth Hub): Dutton Gregory and Poole Waste Not Want Not (Joint Winners)
- Young Entrepreneur/Rising Star (sponsored by Bournemouth University Business School): Rebecca East/Dutton Gregory and Jessica Wicks/Jessica Ross (Joint Winners)
- Artisan/Local Produce Provider (sponsored by NFU Mutual): Lytchett Bay Soaps
- Excellence in the Community (The Dorset MIND Special Award): Matthew Barker/Barker Group
- Overall Business of the Year (sponsored by Poole BID): Barker Group
If you are looking for a new job role and want to join the ‘Best Place to Work’ why not visit Lewis-Manning’s website and see their latest job opportunities, simply go to https://lewis-manning.org.uk/jobs/
About Lewis-Manning Hospice Care
Lewis-Manning Hospice Care is a charity established 29 years ago, providing extraordinary care to patients and their families facing a life-limiting illness across Poole, Purbeck and East Dorset. We offer a range of free hospice care services aimed at helping people to live well through their illness, closer to home.
– Day hospices, virtual and in person
– Creative arts & wellbeing support
– Lymphoedema clinic for cancer patients
– Better breathing clinic
– Bereavement & Family Support
Every year we support nearly 500 local people and we develop new services, based on patient need and identified gaps in the area.
To do this we need to raise over £1.6m every year. Without these funds we could not exist.
Our important work increases people’s physical and social well-being