Salary: £58,562 – £71,242 per annum
Hours: 37.5 hrs/week, days
Our Hospice, St John’s, treats over 2,000 terminally ill patients and their families every year, for free. St John’s Hospice is based in the Hospital of St John and St Elizabeth. We have exceptional clinical environments and are committed to delivering the highest quality patient service. Our patients face a range of conditions, including cancer, respiratory disease, heart failure and HIV.
We are able to offer a competitive salary, professional and developmental training, season ticket loans and flexible working patterns. There are pension options available (including continuing the NHS pension scheme).
We are now looking for a candidate with:
- Proven relevant experience as a clinical manager in a hospice and/or health care establishment, eager to become part of our Hospice Management Team.
- A proven track record in promoting user engagement and developing clinical excellence.
- Demonstrable evidence of significant achievements gained within a specialist palliative care setting, able to lead the promotion of service improvement, and ensure high standards in clinical services to benefit patients and their families and friends.
- Advanced theoretical and practical knowledge of a range of work procedures and practices related to the field of Specialist Palliative Care and an advanced level of knowledge of palliative care nursing, its theory and applications.
- Excellent oral communication skills, including the ability to address both large and small groups at hospice, regional and national level.
- The ability to act as the key professional nursing lead for the hospice, both internally and externally, lead work on evidence based palliative care and audit of its provision to ensure care of the highest quality.
- A registered specialist qualification in palliative care and a relevant Masters degree.
For further information including the Job Description/Person Specification, please contact Steve Barnes by email on email@example.com
Closing date: 6th June 2014. However St John’s Hospice may reduce or extend the date as required. Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Login/Register with us and then complete your job seekers profile and submit your completed application form.