Hospice UK is running a workshop to prepare hospices for the wider introduction of personal health budgets, which local CCGs now have the power to offer to anyone they think could benefit from one.
These one day events offer an opportunity to consider both the conceptual and practical issues involved. Participants will hear from NHS England, from two hospices with experience of people using personal health budgets, and from the social care sector who have been working with personal budgets for a number of years.
By the end of the event participants will be able to:
- Understand the policy developments and implications for hospices and hospice care
- Make an assessment of their organisational readiness
- Feel confident moving from preparation to practice
Speakers will include:
- Personalisation and Control team member, NHS England (speaker to be confirmed)
- Bev Barclay, Director of Nursing, The J’s Hospice
- Tracy Meyerhoff, Assistant Head of Adult Social Care, Hull City Council
- David Savage, Associate Director – Strategy, Helen and Douglas House Hospice
Who should attend?
These workshops will be of interest to hospice Chief Executives, Finance Directors, Trustees, Fundraisers and Directors of Strategy and are open to members and non members (higher course fee applies).
Date & time: 31 July 2015, 10am-4pm (registration open from 9.30am)
Venue: St Gemma’s Hospice, 329 Harrogate Road, Moortown, Leeds LS17 6QD
Price: £110 plus VAT (Total £132.00) for members of Hospice UK, 165 plus VAT (Total £198.00) for non members
Capacity is limited so early booking is recommended.
Visit the Hospice UK website to book.
This workshop will also take place in London on 31 July.