37.5 hours per week
Hospice Band 2 – £13,311 – £14,481
Are you a retail professional from either the commercial or not-for-profit sector looking to make a difference?
We’re looking for a commercially minded Relief Shop Manager to join our retail shop teams across the Chester, Ellesmere Port and Neston Areas. In this varied and exciting role you will be instrumental to making sure the shops are at the hub of the local communities, acting as the face of the Hospice of the Good Shepherd and raising public awareness of our campaigns. You’ll be responsible for the day to day running of the shops across the area, reporting into the Retail Area Manager.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Achieving agreed sales targets and maximising profit through effective cost control
• Generating quality donated goods to increase income through Donated Stock and Gift Aid
• Effectively develop and retain staff and volunteers
• Analyse shop financial data to take the appropriate action
• Minimising stock loss through effective management and control
• Creative freedom and autonomy over visual and design displays
The Hospice of the Good Shepherd is an independent adult specialist palliative care Hospice providing care to patients with life limiting illnesses in the Western Cheshire, Deeside and surrounding areas. We have a 12 bedded In-Patient Unit, Day Therapy, Out-Patient clinics for symptom control and complementary therapy and bereavement services for adults and children.
We need a Relief Shop Manager who is customer service orientated, has a strong ability to build effective relationships with shop teams and volunteers and has a proactive attitude. You’ll have strong commercial awareness, a good understanding of budgeting and forecasting and enjoy using your sales skills. You’ll also have an ability to analyse data, draw insights and make recommendations to ensure the shop hits its targets. You will be willing to travel to different locations across the area to carry out the tasks mentioned above.
Does this sound like you? Join our team and help us lead the way through your…
• Appreciation and understanding of retail operations
• Good knowledge and experience of using computers
• Significant knowledge and understanding of high street retail fashion
• Solid experience of managing a diverse team of people
Our commitment and drive to provide an exemplary service to the communities we serve means that we are constantly trying new avenues, which means you will be innovative and open-minded to new ways of working.
For an application form and job description please visit our website
For an informal discussion regarding the job role please contact Karen Lynn, Area Retail Manager on 0151 356 8899
Closing date: 20 February 2015
Please note: if we experience a high volume of applications for this post it may be necessary to close applications, therefore, if you wish to apply for this vacancy you are encouraged to submit an application at your earliest convenience.
If you have not received a response within 4 weeks of the closing date you should assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.